GATE Exam is a top priority for most of Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering students along with other technical exams. With schedule released by IIT Bombay in mid-September, the dates are fixed for exams.
Let us look in detail key changes made in GATE 2021, its exam patterns and important dates.
GATE 2021 Changes:
IIT Bombay being the organizing institute with IIT Delhi has reformed some of the key details revolving the exam syllabus, number of papers one can attempt for GATE and exam center etc. Let us take a look in some of the key highlight of GATE 2021.
- Syllabi of all GATE Papers is revised.
- Two new papers, Environmental Science and Engineering and Humanities and Social Science are added this year making the total number of paper 27 for GATE 2021
- The exam will be held in only 2 sessions in February
- Candidates are allowed to appear for 2 papers for the first time and have to choose from an available combination
- Graduating 3 years are eligible to apply
- No upper age limit as eligibility
- GATE Score Card is Valid for 3 years
Documents required for online application form:
Take a click of these documents before you fill up the online application form. No need to go to online shops to fill up the form, you can fill them up at home before 30 Sept.
- Valid photo ID(Aadhaar or Pan Card)
- Degree Details
- College Name with pin code
- Personal Address with Pin code
- PWD and other certificates
The Exam pattern is almost same for GATE 2021 since its revised pattern with small changes in multiple-choice options combined with multiple correct options. Let’s look in more detail:
The examination mode is online with a total of 3 hours of paper with a question on General Aptitude and GATE Paper selected by the candidate. All the questions will be of either 1 mark or 2 marks. Questions are designed in GATE based on more application and analytical base. So a candidate must take care not to mug up the formulas, instead focus on the application of the concept.
For GATE Papers like Civil, Electrical, Mechanical which constitutes of most of candidate the exam pattern is explained below:
|Total Number of Questions||65 Questions|
|General Aptitude||15 Marks|
|Engineering Math’s||13 Marks|
|Discipline Questions||72 Marks|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
As last date closing in for GATE 2021 on must save these important dates and start with a full-fledged preparation.
|Registration Opens||14 Sept 2020|
|Registration Close||30 Sept 2020|
|Extended Period with late fee||7 Oct 2020|
|Last Date for any changes||13 November 2020|
|Admit cards:||8 January 2021|
|Exam Dates:||February 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14|
|Results:||22 March 2021|
These are finalized dates with very less chances to change.
Additional tips for GATE Aspirant:
- Start Preparation early and complete it by November.
- Start test series by November 15
- Start full-length mock test by December end
- Revise along with test series
The author is a strong Dreamer, Believes in Miracles. A reader yesterday, but an acknowledged Content Writer today, Author is bringing up the change he Believes in. From providing Freelancer services to working with Non-Profit Organizations, the author has envisaged for a Better Tomorrow..