Every dish made from Sago is excellent and healthy too. Today we will learn the recipe for making Sago Thepala.
Sago – 1/2 cup (soaked overnight), Water chestnut flour – 1/2 cup, Potato – 2 (Boiled and smashed), Peanut – 1 Tablespoon (Crushed), Ghee – 2 tablespoons, Ginger – 1-inch piece (Grated), Green chilies – 2 fine cut, Cumin – 1/2 Teaspoon, Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon, Salt – according to taste.
- In a mixing bowl add potato, sago, chestnut flour, salt, black pepper powder, cumin, green coriander, green chili, and Ginger and knead it well.
- Heat the griddle on medium heat.
- Grease a polythene sheet with some ghee. Then apply some ghee on the hands and make a dough from the mixture, then take the dough and place it on the plastic sheet and keep a plastic sheet on top.
- Rolling it with a rolling pin, Rolling it. 3-4 inches thick.
- After this, apply some ghee on all sides of the griddle, and poured the rolled Thepala over it.
- Add a little ghee on its sides and bake on medium flame till it becomes crispy on both sides.
- Remove them on a serving plate and serve with curd and chutney.
Hi! I’m Deepshikha Gautam. I’m from Kanpur.